A great real estate website is geared towards clients. It’s very common to make your real estate website all about you, when it’s more effective to spell out what you can do for your client. A carefully crafted professional website is clear and concise.
Below is a list of the top 5 features every great real estate website should have.
- Property Search. Your buyers want to purchase a home, so it’s important to facilitate their search as much as possible. Clients should be able to search for properties on your website using different criteria. It’s helpful to provide a link to the most common searches. This is a good opportunity for you to show off your expertise by providing additional information, high quality photos, and videos.
- Easy to Use. The last thing you want to do is scare off potential buyers with a confusing website that is difficult to use. Choose a nice clean layout without crazy colors. Stick with something classy and professional. Check for broken links and videos that don’t work. If you don’t feel comfortable designing your own website, it’s best to contact a professional web designer to help you.
- High Quality Content. Use high quality pictures and videos, nothing grainy or shadowy. If you want to sell properties, you have to make them look appealing, so add as much high quality content as you can. Virtual tours are a great way to capture what the home actually looks like. Make sure you choose a hosting company that will provide you with enough bandwidth to stream videos.
- Contact Information. You want to make it easy for potential and current clients to contact you. Place your basic contact information, such as your email and phone number, in the website header so it will be accessible on every page. It’s a good idea to have an online form that people can use to request more information. This is a great way to get in touch with potential new clients.
- A Great Domain Name. Make your domain name something easy to remember that relates to your area of expertise. For example, if you cater to the market in London, www.londonrealestate.com would be perfect. Don’t try to get too clever, it’s best to choose something simple and descriptive.
These tips should help you create a website that will impress your potential clients and help you gain new business.