Raising your professional profile can do wonders for your reputation and going viral on YouTube is the tool that will help you achieve this.
Putting together a great YouTube video will reward you as others try to replicate it – this is what is meant when something ‘goes viral’. Sharing your expertise is a great way to ensure people will associate your knowledge and skills with a particular area.
Planning your campaign
Planning is the quintessential first step of any campaign as it helps you articulate what you want to achieve. Some questions that will need answering are:
- What do you want to achieve with this?
- Who is your target audience?
- Where do you find this audience and why should they be interested?
- Why do you want to do this?
- What are your motivations?
- How is this going to benefit you?
- How can you keep it simple but still effective?
- How much time, effort and/or money is this campaign likely to cost you?
- Is there someone who can help you with this?
Sit down and write a step by step guide on how you are going to execute your campaign and treat it as a miniature business plan.
Share your knowledge
You are the brains behind your own campaign and should be seen as the expert in your field. Start by writing down handy hints and tricks you’ve picked up over the years and put together lists. These might include:
- Hints when buying
- Hints when selling
- Local services available such as Brokers or Conveyancing Lawyers
- Good websites or blogs to check out
- Inspirational quotes
These lists will provide you with some great content for a video or multiple videos and demonstrate to your audience that you know what you’re talking about. You could also use your lists as a starting point for future blog and newsletter content.
Pulling it all together
Once you’ve articulated a plan and got your content and talking points together, it’s time to get your creative juices flowing and roll out the next phase which is fundamental in helping you go viral.
While your real estate knowledge might be second to none, the thought of putting something together on video might be a little daunting. Fortunately for us, there is a whole generation of young people out there for whom putting together a video and uploading to YouTube would be second nature. Ask your kids, ask the kids next door or do yourself a favour and watch a video on YouTube on the subject.
Promote and share
Once you’ve put together your piece and edited it so that you are happy with its direction, it’s time to go viral. If you haven’t already got a YouTube account, sign up and start uploading.
Once your video is online you can do several things to make sure it gets the viewing it deserves, including:
- Send an email to friends and family and ask them for feedback or to pass on to anyone they think it might be of interest to
- Link the video to your website
- Include a snapshot and a short summary of the video in your next newsletter or email to prospects
- Share the link with your colleagues and ask them to pass it onto any clients they feel it might benefit
- Link it to your business Facebook page or LinkedIn account
Reap the rewards
Now you’ve done all the hard work, take some time to sit back and reflect on what you’ve achieved. Chances are you’re not the only person you’ve wowed and you’ll be rewarded not only with self satisfaction but with a credible raising of your profile as a real estate professional.
If you feel your current website is not up to standard or would like help designing a powerful statement with your own branded website that is simple to navigate and easy to update then contact Real Estate Connected today. We can help you realise your dreams though Webconnected.